Weird World... aka Covid -19, the 2020 pandemic

Last time I posted I had just started training for a half marathon... since then I’ve completed the Stow half twice... both times were amazing experiences.




The second of my half’s was about 10 days ago.. since then the world has gone crazy... we are living in lockdown, fighting a global pandemic.... Coronavirus or Covid-19. This is a flu-like respiratory virus which has infected thousands.. of not millions of people world wide. It is an airborne virus which seems to survive for long periods of time on hard surfaces. 
In the last 10 days the UK has plunged into what can only be described as a parallel reality... shops have been stripped bare of all products.. including toilet rolls, pasta and flour! 
Schools have been closed for the foreseeable future meaning my wonderful y6 daughter may not finish primary school.. we are both currently working from home. It’s wierd being a teacher and not standing in front of a class... instead I’m setting work online either via email or through online platforms.. the power of technology. Fiona is completing work at home... using technology to talk to her friends as she can’t see them! We are doing PE lessons in our dining room together through YouTube and Fiona is learning dances with Oti Mabuse via Facebook live!!! Amazing what technology can do!
But it doesn’t replace human contact... I had a virtual meeting today. I could only see 4 people at a time... it felt strange... I had a coffee break video chat with one of my running friends... it was great to see her... but I miss our cake runs!!!
I’m keeping fit... we are allowed out to exercise... once a day...Fiona and I are getting out... either with the dogs, or on the bike or out for a run! She’s missing her running friends... I definitely am not a replacement for her Junior training squad... 



Ian is still working... the gym has closed so we have a home workout area in the dining room! It’s a versatile space... we use it for PE in the morning and Ian comes home and goes to the gym.... like he would normally! It is keeping some sort of routine for us..which in this wierd world we are living in is important!
I thought about starting a new blog as this doesn’t have much to do with my Ostomy but this is about life... and a really unusual one at the moment! We’re only on day 3 of lockdown.. I haven’t gone completely stir crazy yet.. but I might and I shall keep this blog updated as we go! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World IBD Day 2017

Thoughts on World Ostomy Day!

This Girl Can....