Water water everywhere....

I've been really struggling with my hydration over the last couple of weeks. I'm not really sure why. Hydration is always an issue for people with an ileostomy... the colon is the part of the body that is responsible for absorbing most of the water that we need. With no colon it is much harder for my body to absorb water so I am really conscious about drinking water and using rehydration tablets.
I do a reasonable amount of activity.... running, gym, dog walking and we travel quite a lot too. I often feel thirsty but rarely have struggled the way I have over the last few weeks. It has been really noticeable when I go for even a short time without drink... I quickly feel tired, headachy and sluggish.

I am really struggling to get back to normal hydration. At the moment I have constant dry lips, headache and I feel tired. I am drinking well over 2 l of water a day and hydration salts daily.

I am hoping that this is just a spell and that it's linked to being tired and having been slightly undert weather last week. A winter break will hopefully help bring my hydration back to normal.

This has been a reminder though of how careful I do have to be... I think I forget that I have to be careful all through the year... not just in the summer of when it's hot.

Times like this are also a reminder of how quickly dehydration can set in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World IBD Day 2017

Toilets, trees and other things!

I’m doing a half marathon!!!